this is me every 3 hours
did they just
yes, they did
It gets funnier every time.
Why In the Flesh should be saved:
- Its portrayal of discrimination is one of the most realistic I’ve ever seen in a piece of media (specifically when it comes to homophobia & mental illness)
- Even when dealing with such serious subject matter it manages to strike a balance between tragedy and comedy so it’s not a continuous bombardment of depression & darkness
- Several well written female characters. This seems like a baseline requirement for any show but it’s ridiculous how many shows and movies never achieve this. But on itf we have Amy; who is given her own narrative that doesn’t revolve around the main character, Jem; who we clearly see struggle with PTSD but is never seen as weak because of this, Maxine Martin; who could have been portrayed as 100% evil with no redeeming characteristics, but instead is a charismatic, complex woman who won’t let anything get in the way of her achieving her goals, and several other characters with memorable personalities.
- A main character who is queer. LGBTQ+ representation is increasing in the media but all too often these characters are merely token secondary/minor characters or their entire character revolves around their sexual orientation. This is not the case with this show!
- There is too much that can be covered in this show and so many questions that need answered for it to be cancelled now. It’s done so much good with just a mere nine episodes, think how far it could go with double that amount (or even more). We could discover more about the lives of other undead people, the changing opinions of the public, watch Simon & Kieren’s relationship evolve, FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH AMY DYER.
- BASICALLY I’LL PROBABLY GO MAD IF I NEVER FIND ANY OF THIS OUT. THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH POTENTIAL IN THIS SHOW AND IT WOULD BE TRAGIC IF IT WERE WASTED.
NASH GRIER IN TEARS
JUSTIN BIEBER GETTING PUNCHED IN THE FACES
THIS MUST BE THE MOST HEARTBREAKING WEEK FOR ALL 13 YEAR OLD WHITE GIRLS ACROSS THE WORLD
BUT EVERYONE ELSE IS LOVING IT LMAOOO
"Clint Barton, you dummy.”
do you have those memories that are really cringey and you never speak of and something triggers the memory and you want to fucking wash your brain out with bleach
What’s it like to work alongside so many other women of color?
God forbid we teach the children psychology !!!
i wish the devil would have taught me all this and i wouldn’t have to pay for college
Hawkeye #19 was well worth the wait. I thought nothing would ever top Pizza Dog.
#19 is mostly in sign language with very little subtitles showing just how awesome the medium of comics can be.
In New Zealand our drinking age is 18 but the drink driving tolerance for under 20s is zero and my friend who’s a cop said he gets great pleasure out of breathalising sober under 20 year olds and watching the terror fill their face as he tells them they’re 10 times over the legit drinking limit cause ten times zero is still zero
Finally did a proper comic about “strong female characters” Its good comics and cartoons are finally representing some diversity. But most cartoons are still with a male lead, and films mostly are the worst example of strong females etc. (Although sarcastic mean girls are a special love of mine provided they are at least sort of decently written)
ALSO please note I am using examples based on stuff I like, its hardly the end all be all of character examples. There is a ton of current and not current stuff I could have used. But an excuse to draw characters I like is aesthetic and preference. (also I really liked Pacific rim so theres that.)